To apply to DataScience@Syracuse, applicants are required to submit the following:
- Online application
- Official degree-bearing transcripts
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (Waivers are available for qualified students)
- Personal statement
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores (if applicable)
- Application fee
Application Fee and Waivers
For regular deadline applicants, there is a nonrefundable $75 application fee.
For priority deadline applicants, there is a nonrefundable $45 application fee.
Application fee waivers are available for:
- Active-duty service members and veterans
- Current Syracuse University undergraduate and graduate students
- Syracuse alumni and employees
Official degree-bearing transcripts are required. You may be required to submit transcripts from other academic institutions you have attended as well. Mail all official transcripts to the following address:
Application Processing Services
7900 Harkins Road
Lanham, MD 20706
Any institutions that offer electronic transcript services can send official transcripts to email@example.com.
Note that any transcripts uploaded through the online application can be used to render an admissions decision but will be considered unofficial.
GRE General Test scores are required for all program applicants with the exception of the following groups where GRE scores are recommended but may not be required:
- Syracuse University graduates of a related undergraduate program
- Graduates from an accredited U.S. educational institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Applicants with four years or more of professional full-time work experience in a related field
- Applicants who earned a master's degree at a U.S. university
GMAT scores are accepted if GRE scores are unavailable. The Syracuse University School Code is 2823.
Contact an admissions counselor to learn more about test waivers and see if you qualify
Applications must include an updated business resume that lists all relevant professional experience and highlights academic, professional, and community activities; courses, skills or certificates; military experience; and/or leadership roles.
Applicants must submit a personal statement that includes the following:
- Why the program is a good fit
- Professional or academic experiences
- Main academic or personal interests
- Career goals
- Computing or programming experience, if applicable
Letters of Recommendation
Two professional or academic references are required to complete your application. Your recommenders must be able to speak in depth to your analytical abilities, initiative, problem solving skills, discipline, and organizational and communication ability.
Academic references from professors, faculty, or advisors must be able to provide a meaningful assessment of your academic record. Professional references from supervisors, preferably in your current role, should be able to speak to your professional dedication and ability to succeed in a competitive master's degree program.
International applicants and applicants whose native language is not English will be required to submit TOEFL or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores and U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency.